Take a trip back in time to experience a flavour of the sights and sounds of the 60s – hop aboard the Swinging 60s Shuttle Bus before experiencing the Sixties at the Hall Tour at the Royal Albert Hall, and enjoying an optional two-course lunch.
This unique and immersive experience will introduce you to some of the 60s most iconic venues and locations. Aboard the Swinging 60s Bus Tour you’ll pass by the Chelsea Drug Store, as immortalised by The Rolling Stones and Granny Takes a Trip, London’s first psychedelic boutique whose clientele included the likes of Hendrix, The Beatles and Rod Stewart to name but a few.
Upon arrival back at the Hall, you’ll be greeted by a friendly and knowledgeable tour guide before embarking on an absorbing journey into the Hall’s role in this fascinating era of London’s cultural history – from welcoming The Beatles and The Stones on the same night, to witnessing Bob Dylan’s electric transition and even a Pink Floyd comedy night – there’s an entire world of 60s musical history to discover.
For those wishing to make a day of it, there’s an option of adding a delicious lunch in the Hall’s on-site Verdi Restaurant. Choose two-courses from an Italian-inspired set menu whilst soaking up the sixties spirit in London’s most iconic music venue.
Each tour offers a unique experience and may include opportunities to see artists rehearsing for their evening performance. The Royal Albert Hall is a working building so the content of the tours may vary and due to events some areas may occasionally be closed.
Swinging 60s Bus Tour
• Embark on a round trip starting and ending at the Royal Albert Hall
• See local London landmarks immortalised by the era
• With a soundtrack and informative live commentary to boot, you’re sure of an amazing ride.
Sixties at the Hall Tour, Royal Albert Hall
• Take a guided tour around the Hall and discover the venue’s role in this fascinating cultural decade
Please note, the exact order of your experience may be subject to change. Please speak to your tour guide on the day.
- 3hr 15 with lunch, 2hrs without
- Enjoy a 10% discount on items in the Hall’s gift shop, Café Bar and Verdi – Italian Kitchen with your tour ticket
- Please note: There are a lot of stairs on the tour, so customers are advised to wear flat shoes. Lifts are also available when required.
- Share your experience with us: tag your photos with #ToursRAH @royalalberthall to feature on this page