In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and following advice from government, we have taken the decision with a heavy heart to close the Royal Albert Hall to the public until at least 30 April. Beyond that date, we will continue to follow government advice. Click here for more information.
Tours are no longer take place as scheduled. We will be in contact with bookers in due course.
Discover the Royal Albert Hall’s role in this fascinating and influential era of London’s cultural history – from Bob Dylan’s electric transition and a Pink Floyd comedy night to The Beatles and The Rolling Stones on the same night – there’s an entire world of ’60s music history to discover.
The tour is followed by a 90 minute trip aboard a vintage Routemaster London bus, taking in some of London’s most iconic ’60s venues and locations. To a backdrop of live commentary and the greatest hits of all time, you’ll see legendary music venues, the homes of your favourite ’60s musicians and iconic institutions such as the Chelsea Drug Store and London’s first psychedelic boutique before heading back to the most iconic music venue in the world.
Each tour offers a unique experience and may include opportunities to see artists rehearsing for their evening performance. The Royal Albert Hall is a working building so the content of the tours may vary and due to events some areas may occasionally be closed.
Sixties at the Hall Tour, Royal Albert Hall
• Take a guided tour around the Hall and discover the venue’s role in this fascinating cultural decade
Swinging 60s Bus Tour
• Embark on a round trip starting and ending at the Royal Albert Hall
• See local London landmarks immortalised by the era, accompanied with a soundtrack and informative live commentary.
Duration: 1h 30min approx (can vary with traffic)
Please note, the exact order of your experience may be subject to change. Please speak to your tour guide on the day.
- 1hr Royal Albert Hall tour, 1hr 30min Swinging '60s Bus Tour
- Enjoy a 10% discount in the Hall's Café Bar and Verdi Italian Kitchen with your tour ticket
- Please note: There are a lot of stairs on the tour, so customers are advised to wear flat shoes. Lifts are also available when required.
- Share your experience with us: tag your photos with #ToursRAH @royalalberthall to feature on this page