Conceived by Prince Albert and realised by his supporters, a cultural quarter known as Albertopolis was built among the fields of a London country estate. As the jewel in the crown of Albertopolis, the Royal Albert Hall is surrounded by some of London’s most fascinating historical buildings, monuments and statues.
What you will see
The guided Inside Out Architectural Tour will take you on a journey through Victorian history and architecture by following the contours of the Hall building, both inside and out.
What to expect
The Royal Albert Hall is a working building so the content of the tours may vary and due to events some areas may occasionally be closed.
The Inside Out Architectural Tour is available on most Saturdays, with tours leaving at 11:30am from the Cafe Bar at Door 12.
Due to events in the auditorium, tours may not be running on certain days. Please check the website or call the box office before your visit to ensure a tour is running on your desired day.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Meet at the ‘Welcome to the Royal Albert Hall’ stand, located inside the Royal Albert Hall (Door 12)
- You’ll be met by by one of the Hall’s knowledgeable and friendly guides and be taken on a 1 hour tour around the building (English language)
- Your tour ends back at Door 12, where you can buy a snack at the Café Bar, or lunch or afternoon tea in the Verdi restaurant (located upstairs)
- Door 12 is also where the Gift Shop is located for souvenirs. Show your tour ticket to receive a 10% discount on all purchases
You will have the opportunity to add food packages to your tour experience at the time of purchasing tickets. If you have bought a package, please make your way directly to Verdi at the end of your tour, where you will be shown to your table.
ADD ON FOOD & DRINK
Make the most of your visit to the Hall and combine your tour with elevenses or lunch – just select your desired package when booking tours tickets.
Coffee and pastry Enjoy a coffee and pastry after the tour in the Café Bar (Door 12) £4.00 per person Lunch Tuck in to a delicious lunch after the tour in the Verdi restaurant. Choose from pizza, pasta, ice cream and more. Price includes tea or coffee. 1 course £13.50 per person, 2 courses £18.50 (Tuesday-Sunday). Menu
All tours visitors require a ticket.
Children aged five years or under are not permitted. Concessionary tickets available for students, and 60 years old and over.
- Please note: There are a lot of stairs on the tour, so customers are advised to wear flat shoes. Lifts are also available when required.
All front of house tours are fully accessible to customers with disabilities. We are also able to offer tours for deaf and visually impaired customers as well as touch tours. For more information, please contact our Box Office on 0845 401 504
- Share your experience with us: tag your photos with #ToursRAH @royalalberthall to feature on this page
PRICES AND BOOKING
It is cheaper to buy your ticket online than in person or over the phone, and you can reserve up to 14 tickets online.
*includes booking fees
For groups of 15 or more, please call the Group Tours team on 020 7959 0558.