Join our brand-new immersive drama tour and hear the undiscovered stories of the suffrage campaign, as part of our Women and the Hall season celebrating a centenary of the Representation of the People Act 1918.
The Royal Albert Hall, the venue for 24 great women’s suffrage rallies between 1908 and 1918, played a uniquely important role in the women’s struggle to gain the right to vote.
What to Expect
- Your friendly and informative tour guide will show you the stunning auditorium that played a crucial part in the women’s suffrage movement.
- ‘Meet’ Helen Ogston, the young Suffragette who smuggled a dog whip into a meeting – find out why she did it and the repercussions of her actions.
- Hear Lord Curzon explain why, for the sake of the Empire (and many other reasons), women should never have the vote!
We are proud to play our part in this year’s Centenary celebrations telling this little known story about the Royal Albert Hall and the battle for Votes for Women. It’s one that everyone should know. Find out more about the history of British suffrage at the Royal Albert Hall
For more on what to expect, read our guide to taking a tour of the Hall
Remove the drama and discover the history of the suffrage campaign on our guided Suffragettes at the Hall Tour, as part of our Women and the Hall season celebrating a centenary of the Representation of the People Act 1918.
Find out more
Add On Food & Drink
Make the most of your visit to the Hall and combine your tour with elevenses or lunch – just select your desired package when booking tours tickets.
Coffee and pastry Café Bar (Door 12) £4.00 per person Lunch Verdi – Italian Kitchen 1 course £14.50 per person, 2 courses £19.50 (Tuesday-Sunday) Download menu
Open the door to an action-packed programme of music, dance, circus, comedy, film, and more.
- All tours visitors require a ticket. For tickets for children 5 years and under, please contact our box office on 020 7589 8212. Concessionary tickets available for students and over 60s.
- There are a lot of stairs on the tour, so customers are advised to wear flat shoes. Lifts are also available when required.
- Share your experience with us: tag your photos with #ToursRAH @royalalberthall to feature on this page
- The tour will last one hour 30 minutes