Opened in 1871, the Royal Albert Hall is one of London’s most iconic buildings. Get a unique insight into the history of the BBC Proms and classical music at the Royal Albert Hall on an insightful tour led by a friendly and knowledgeable guide.
What you will see
- Take a guided tour to see the stunning auditorium where the world’s stars have performed, the Gallery with its breathtaking views, and maybe even artists rehearsing for their next performance (not guaranteed)
- View the Queen’s private box and visit her private suites, along with other rooms not always viewed by the public
- Hear insider stories about the Royal Albert Hall from engaging tour guides – each guide has a different story to tell!
- Learn about the history of classical music, BBC Proms and legendary performances at the Royal Albert Hall
- Experience the excitement as the Hall prepares for its next BBC Proms performance
What to expect
The Royal Albert Hall is a working building so the content of the tours may vary and due to events some areas may occasionally be closed.
The BBC Proms run from Friday 14 July to Saturday 9 September. The Story of the Proms tour is only available on selected Proms dates with tours leaving at 2:30pm and 3:45pm from the Cafe Bar at Door 12.
Due to events in the auditorium, tours may not be running on certain days. Please check the website or call the box office before your visit to ensure a tour is running on your desired day.
FOOD & DRINK PACKAGES
You can enhance your tour experience with delicious food and drink in the Verdi – Italian Kitchen. These options will be made available to you at the time of purchasing tickets and will change depending on the tour time you select. Please note that all prices quoted below include your tour.
1 Course Late Lunch £23.50 per person (Tuesday-Sunday) Menu 2 Course Late Lunch/Dinner £28.50 per person (Tuesday-Sunday). Menu
- If you book the 2.30pm tour, your meal will be at 3.30pm
- If you book the 3.45pm tour, your meal will be at 4.45pm
- Children aged five years or under are not permitted.
- All front of house tours are fully accessible to customers with disabilities. We are also able to offer tours for deaf and visually impaired customers as well as touch tours. For more information, please contact our Box Office on 0845 401 504
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a moderate amount of walking and some stairs. Lifts are available when required.
- Share your experience with us: tag your photos with #ToursRAH @royalalberthall to feature on this page!
PRICES AND BOOKING
It is cheaper to buy your ticket online than in person or over the phone, and you can reserve up to 14 tickets online.
*includes booking fees
Please note, you will be offered late lunch tours first. If you want to book a dinner-time tour, then you must change the tour time to 3.45pm to access the package.
For groups of 15 or more, please call the Group Tours team on 020 7959 0558.