Opened in 1871, the Royal Albert Hall is one of London’s most iconic buildings. Take an absorbing one-hour Grand Tour of the Royal Albert Hall followed by a quintessentially British afternoon tea in the elegant surroundings of the Hall’s Verdi restaurant.
How to book
Click ‘Book Now’ and select the date and time and the type of afternoon tea you’re after.
Once added to your basket you’ll see an ‘Add a tour of the Hall’ button. If you select this then you’ll then be able to choose from all the available tours times that day. Tours last one hour and we recommend that you allow 90 minutes for your afternoon tea experience.
We realise this is a clunky booking process and are working to improve it. Thank you for your patience.
What to expect
• You’ll see our stunning auditorium where the world’s stars have performed, the Gallery with its breathtaking views, and you may be able to watch artists rehearsing (not guaranteed)!
• Visit the Queen’s private box and visit her private suites, along with other rooms not always viewed by the public
• Insider stories about the Hall from engaging tour guides – each guide has a different story to tell!
• Details on the Hall’s rich history of performance, its Royal connections and stunning architecture
Then, enjoy traditional treats, sweet and savoury scones, finger sandwiches and a pot of the finest East India Company tea in our elegant Verdi restaurant.
The Royal Albert Hall is a working building so the content of the tours may vary and due to events some areas may occasionally be closed.
WHAT OUR VISITORS SAY
‘Very interesting one hour Tour. Our guide had an amazing knowledge of the history. Followed by Afternoon Tea. Friendly and professional staff. Food absolutely delicious.’
Suzanne05-12, London, UK – August 2016‘My wife and I were treated to a tour followed by cream tea. You could not fail to be impressed with the building. A truly special place. The tour took approx 1 hour including places not usually accessible to the public. The guide was very interesting and enthusiastic. Could not fault it. The tea was in the Verdi restaurant. They catered for vegetarians including the cakes. The choice of teas was comprehensive and the waitress Kinga was very professional and made us very welcome.’
Ian W, Barnstaple, UK – April 2017‘Fabulous informative and fun tour followed by a very tasty afternoon tea. Our waitress Giusy was efficient, friendly, helpful and enhanced the experience.’
Smugster, Barnstaple, UK – April 2017‘The tour lasts around an hour and our tour guide was young and very knowledgeable. She was happy in her work and enthusiastic. Great tour, well worth it. Afternoon tea was the traditional three tiered assortment of sandwiches, scones & cakes. A good selection of teas and you can pay extra for a glass of Champagne (which had to be done). The waiting staff were very attentive and we had a thoroughly good afternoon. Would highly recommend.’
13SFS, Suffolk, UK – July 2016
- All tours visitors require a ticket. For tickets for children 5 years and under, please contact our box office on 020 7589 8212. Concessionary tickets available for students, and 60 years old and over.
- All front of house tours are fully accessible to customers with disabilities. We are also able to offer tours for deaf and visually impaired customers as well as touch tours. For more information, please contact our Box Office on 0845 401 504
- Please note: There are a lot of stairs on the tour, so customers are advised to wear flat shoes. Lifts are also available when required.
- Share your experience with us: tag your photos with #AfternoonteaRAH @royalalberthall to feature on this page!
The Afternoon Tea tour is available most days between 1:00pm and 3:00pm.
Due to events in the auditorium, tours may not be running on certain days. Please check the website or call the box office before your visit to ensure a tour is running on your desired day.