A Strange New Space is Tessa Bide’s non-verbal, one-woman show aimed at children aged 4-10 years old, and follows the journey of space-obsessed Amira, who dreams of becoming an astronaut.
One night, Amira’s imagination crash-lands into her reality when in the darkness, she must leave her hometown to go on an adventure to find a safe space. Hearing the words ‘space’ and ‘adventure’, Amira quickly packs her bag for the intergalactic trip she’s been waiting for…
The show melds physical theatre with stunning puppetry and original music. We travel on an imagined voyage into space, paralleled with Amira’s real-life journey as a refugee across continents, forming an unforgettable introduction to theatre for young audiences.
We want your visit to the Royal Albert Hall to be unforgettable for all the right reasons. Read our useful guide to bringing your young family to an event here.
The Royal Albert Hall offers subsidised places for children and families to attend our events using the following criteria:
• Children who are eligible for free school meals
• Children who are looked after by the local authority or in foster care
• Families who live in social housing
• Families who are eligible for housing benefit
To book these tickets, please call the Box Office on 020 7589 8212. Subject to availability.
Customers who have bought tickets to this event are able to receive a 20% discount on food and drinks in Verdi – Italian Kitchen.
To redeem, please show your ticket when ordering. The offer is not applicable to set menus, special packages, afternoon tea or live music brunch.
Open the door to an action packaged programme of music, dance, circus, comedy, film, and more.
- Entry via Door 12
- Buy a ticket and enjoy 20% off in Verdi - Italian Kitchen
- Mixture of floor and unreserved theatre style seating
- Bringing a buggy? Space is limited so please be prepared to fold it and ensure any valuables stay with you at all times, as buggies are left at your own risk
Part of the Royal Albert Hall’s inaugural Festival of Science, explore Space through a series of concerts, talks. screenings and comedy events for space and sci-fi fans young and old.