Opened in 1871, the Royal Albert Hall is one of London’s most iconic buildings. Experience the excitement inside one of the world’s most famous venues as it prepares for the next performance on a Royal Albert Hall Grand Tour.
What you will see
• See the stunning auditorium where the world’s stars have performed, the Gallery with its breathtaking views, and maybe even artists rehearsing (not guaranteed)!
• View the Queen’s private box and visit her private suites, along with other rooms not always viewed by the public
• Hear insider stories about the Royal Albert Hall from engaging tour guides – each guide has a different story to tell!
• Learn about the Hall’s rich history, it’s connection with the Royals, legendary performances and stunning architecture
The Royal Albert Hall is a working building so the content of the tours may vary and due to events some areas may occasionally be closed.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Meet at the ‘Welcome to the Royal Albert Hall’ stand, located inside the Royal Albert Hall (Door 12)
- You’ll be met by by one of the Hall’s knowledgeable and friendly guides and be taken on a 1 hour tour around the building (English language)
- Your tour ends back at Door 12, where you can buy a snack at the Café Bar, or lunch or afternoon tea in the Verdi restaurant (located upstairs)
- Door 12 is also where the Gift Shop is located for souvenirs. Show your tour ticket to receive a 10% discount on all purchases
You will have the opportunity to add food packages to your tour experience at the time of purchasing tickets. If you have bought a package, please make your way directly to Verdi or Cafe Bar at the end of your tour, where you will be shown to your table.
WHAT OUR VISITORS SAY
‘The tour guide was very knowledgeable and informative. The building is very impressive and if you haven’t been on a tour we would highly recommend you try it.’
kag-lme, Kilmarnock, UK – April 2016‘What a fascinating tour! Incredible architecture and history. Anyone who is anyone in show biz has performed here. Get a glimpse of the Royal Retiring Room and the view from the Royal Box.’
mattccross, Leicester, UK – July 2016‘My husband and took a guided tour of the Albert Hall. As a wheelchair user I was very impressed at the ease of access throughout the Hall., totally inclusive. The tour guide was very interesting and made it a really enjoyable experience. Certainly thoroughly recommended.’
Liz B, Nairn, UK – July 2016‘An amazing concert hall with a great history. Do the guided tour and learn a lot!! You won’t regret it!’
Marcus A, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – June 2016
ADD ON FOOD & DRINK
Make the most of your visit to the Hall and combine your tour with elevenses, lunch or afternoon tea – just select your desired package when booking tours tickets.
Coffee and pastry Enjoy a coffee and pastry after the tour in the Café Bar (Door 12) £4.00 per person Lunch Tuck in to a delicious lunch after the tour in the Verdi restaurant. Choose from pizza, pasta, ice cream and more. Price includes tea or coffee. 1 course £13.50 per person, 2 courses £18.50 (Tuesday-Sunday). Download menu Afternoon Tea Traditional scones, delicious cakes, perfect sandwiches and the finest pot of East India Company tea. £30 per person or £40 with Moët & Chandon champagne (Tuesday – Sunday). Download menu
All tours visitors require a ticket.
For tickets for children 5 years and under, please contact our box office on 020 7589 8212. Concessionary tickets available for students, and 60 years old and over.
- Please note: There are a lot of stairs on the tour, so customers are advised to wear flat shoes. Lifts are also available when required.
- All front of house tours are fully accessible to customers with disabilities. We are also able to offer tours for deaf and visually impaired customers as well as touch tours. For more information, please contact our Box Office on 0845 401 504
- Share your experience with us: tag your photos with #ToursRAH @royalalberthall to feature on this page!
The Grand Tour is available most days, with tours leaving every 30 minutes from the Cafe Bar at Door 12.
April – October
The Grand Tour is available from 9:30am – 4:30pm.
November – March
The Grand Tour is available from 10am – 4pm.
Due to events in the auditorium, tours may not be running on certain days. Please check the website or call the box office before your visit to ensure a tour is running on your desired day
PRICES AND BOOKING
It is cheaper to buy your ticket online than in person or over the phone, and you can reserve up to 14 tickets online.
*includes booking fees
We offer private tours for groups of 15+ and specially tailored Grand Tours to school groups of any size. To receive our special group rate please complete our online group booking form or call 020 7959 0558.