As part of the Festival of Film, Join our knowledgeable and friendly tour guide on this tour through the Hall’s history on the silver screen, before sitting down to enjoy two courses from a delicious set meal in the charming Verdi – Italian Kitchen, where you will enjoy views of the Royal College of Music.
Film fans may know the Royal Albert Hall as the setting for Alfred Hitchcock’s classic 1956 movie, The Man Who Knew Too Much, which brought Hollywood legends Doris Day and James Stewart to South Kensington, but it’s just one of more than 125 films and TV shows that have been filmed at this iconic London venue.
You’ll see where the likes of Dick Lester, Woody Allen and Michelangelo Antonioni shot their movies and learn how directors, unable to use the Hall, managed to recreate the famous arena in their studios!
The Royal Albert Hall is a working building so the content of the tours may vary and due to events some areas may occasionally be closed.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Meet at the ‘Welcome to the Royal Albert Hall’ stand, located inside the Royal Albert Hall (Door 12)
- You’ll be met by by one of the Hall’s knowledgeable and friendly guides and be taken on a 1 hour tour around the building (English language)
- Your tour ends back at Door 12, where you can buy a snack at the Café Bar, or a meal or afternoon tea in the Verdi restaurant (located upstairs)
- Door 12 is also where the Gift Shop is located for souvenirs. Show your tour ticket to receive a 10% discount on all purchases
You will have the opportunity to add food packages to your tour experience at the time of purchasing tickets. If you have bought a package, please make your way directly to Verdi at the end of your tour, where you will be shown to your table.
ADD ON FOOD & DRINK
Make the most of your visit to the Hall and combine your tour with elevenses or dinner – just select your desired package when booking tours tickets.
Coffee and pastry Enjoy a coffee and pastry after the tour in the Café Bar (Door 12) £4.00 per person Dinner Tuck in to a delicious meal after the tour in the Verdi restaurant. Choose from pizza, pasta, ice cream and more. Price includes tea or coffee. 1 course £13.50 per person, 2 courses £18.50 (Tuesday-Sunday). Menu
- All tours visitors require a ticket. For tickets for children 5 years and under, please contact our box office on 020 7589 8212. Concessionary tickets available for students, and 60 years old and over.
- All front of house tours are fully accessible to customers with disabilities. We are also able to offer tours for deaf and visually impaired customers as well as touch tours. For more information, please contact our Box Office on 0845 401 504
- Please note: There are a lot of stairs on the tour, so customers are advised to wear flat shoes. Lifts are also available when required.
- Share your experience with us: tag your photos with #ToursRAH @royalalberthall to feature on this page
The Film Tour is available on selected dates between 1 October – 4 November.
Due to events in the auditorium, tours may not be running on certain days. Please check the website or call the box office before your visit to ensure a tour is running on your desired day.
PRICES AND BOOKING
It is cheaper to buy your ticket online than in person or over the phone, and you can reserve up to 14 tickets online.Ticket | Online | Counter/telephone |
*includes booking fees
For groups of 15 or more, please call the Group Tours team on 020 7959 0558.