Go behind the curtain of this much-loved Grade I listed building and gain access to parts of the Hall usually off limits to the public. This includes taking you under the stage, into one of our dressing rooms where all the stars have prepared to perform, and also the loading bay deep underground.
This is an opportunity to acquire a rare insight into how the show, hospitality and technical teams come together to stage over 390 different events in the main auditorium per year.
The Royal Albert Hall is a working building so the content of the tours may vary and due to events some areas may occasionally be closed.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Meet at the ‘Welcome to the Royal Albert Hall’ stand, located inside the Royal Albert Hall (Door 12)
- You’ll be met by by one of the Hall’s knowledgeable and friendly guides and be taken on a 1 hour tour around the building (English language)
- Your tour ends back at Door 12, where you can buy a snack at the Café Bar, or lunch or afternoon tea in the Verdi restaurant (located upstairs)
- Door 12 is also where the Gift Shop is located for souvenirs. Show your tour ticket to receive a 10% discount on all purchases
You will have the opportunity to add food packages to your tour experience at the time of purchasing tickets. If you have bought a package, please make your way directly to Verdi at the end of your tour, where you will be shown to your table.
ADD ON FOOD & DRINK
Make the most of your visit to the Hall and combine your tour with elevenses or lunch – just select your desired package when booking tours tickets.
Coffee and pastry Enjoy a coffee and pastry after the tour in the Café Bar (Door 12) £4.00 per person Lunch Tuck in to a delicious lunch after the tour in the Verdi restaurant. Choose from pizza, pasta, ice cream and more. Price includes tea or coffee. 1 course £13.50 per person, 2 courses £18.50 (Tuesday-Sunday). Menu
WHAT OUR VISITORS SAY
‘We loved this back stage tour of Albert Hall. It takes about 1 hour and the guides are first class. We had many photo opportunities and sat in the Royal Box. The tours are every half hour and are very well organised. There is a cafe so a coffee before or after is a real treat. Highly recommend this tour.’
Carol B, North Yorkshire, TripAdvisor‘Really enjoyed a tour of the Hall, which included a rare opportunity to see the ‘lesser known’ parts such as the basement loading area – much more interesting than it might sound! Guide was brilliant and the whole experience was much enhanced by his knowledge, enthusiasm and personality.’
JLWreview, London, TripAdvisor‘The backstage tour of Royal Albert Hall is fascinating. It’s an amazing venue, and the guide we had was well-informed and accommodating. It’s quite different to a lot of experiences available to visitors to London, and we recommend it.’
raintree53, Brisbane, Australia, TripAdvisor
All tours visitors require a ticket.
This tour features busy working areas and is only suitable for children over the age of 12. Concessionary tickets available for students, and 60 years old and over.
- All front of house tours are fully accessible to customers with disabilities. We are also able to offer tours for deaf and visually impaired customers as well as touch tours. For more information, please contact our Box Office on 0845 401 5045.
- Please note: There are a lot of stairs on the tour, so customers are advised to wear flat shoes. Lifts are also available when required.
- Share your experience with us: tag your photos with #ToursRAH @royalalberthall to feature on this page
Please note this tour will not be running during the BBC Proms but will return in November 2017.
The Secret History Tour is available on selected days, with tours at 11:30am and 1:00pm from the Cafe Bar at Door 12.
Due to events in the auditorium, tours may not be running on certain days. Please check the website or call the box office before your visit to ensure a tour is running on your desired day.
PRICES AND BOOKING
It is cheaper to buy your ticket online than in person or over the phone, and you can reserve up to 14 tickets online.
*includes booking fees
For groups of 15 or more, please call the Group Tours team on 020 7959 0558.